Well, guys, we’re all moved.
Notice I didn’t say “moved in.”
…as that would imply that we had everything unpacked, organized and put away.
But that is not the case. Not the case at all.
In fact, we are simply settling in to our new definition of crazy.
Before, we were going crazy because we were living out of two homes, neither of which really felt like home because of all the boxes and messes and tools and paint cans and such. Now, we have one home that definitely feels like home, but it also looks like a giant mess.
That’s progress, though, right?
I want to focus today on some happier things, so I’m going to tell you some of the special things in life that move me. You know, the things that get me up in the morning and inspired to be my best.
1. Hubs. For one thing, the fact that he gets up every morning to go to work and provide for our little family is enough to inspire all sorts of love, respect, admiration and devotion. For another thing, he’s just so stinkin’ cute and smart and awesome that I get all giddy when I stop and think about how blessed I am to be married to my best friend.
2. Our new house. Yes, there’s so much more to do, and yes, I often feel overwhelmed and like I have no idea where to start to get it all done, but I’m just so darn happy we have this lovely place to live that all that really pales in comparison. I can’t wait to get it all fixed up so I can just relax and enjoy our home together.
3. Thoughts of being a “real” writer. I’m a freelance writer. So I work from home, usually on our couch. Today, because we are now at the new house with no internet, I’d working from a close-by Panera. And as of yet, I’ve been able to refrain from purchasing something from the pastry display that’s taunting me with every glance up from my screen. Still, having to come here today in order to get some work done is a blessing more than a curse because it means I have an assignment that I’m working on…and that’s a good thing.
4. Big dreams. Yea, I have them. I want our home to be lovely and neat and clean and ready to welcome friends and family as soon as possible. I also already imagine decorating nurseries, an office, a guest room, and watching our future kiddos play on the patio. I know those things are a long way off, but I enjoy dreaming about them just the same!
5. My ring. It’s sparkly and it makes me happy. Happy Melissa works harder and better than salty Melissa.
6. The Applebee’s Blondie that’s sitting in my fridge waiting for the perfect moment to be eaten in our new home.
7. The thought of never-before-ran-by-me sidewalks all around our new house. I see a high-mileage fall in my future. If this heat ever gives way to some cooler/safer temperatures.
8. A God who forgives me when I’m ungrateful for life’s blessings, too quick to judge, too slow to forgive, and too full of myself and my fears to rely on his timing and His plans for my life.
Well, that’s enough inspiration for now. I’m off to get some actual work done, even though sitting here thinking about all that I’m thankful for in my life is much more fun…and having a reason to get up and get moving is always a good thing, even though moving in is proving to be a work in progress still.
Your turn! Tell me what moves you, whether that means physically, mentally, emotionally, or spiritually! Let’s here it!