Hey guys. Yesterday was the first day of summer. Did you know that?
Did you celebrate that?
Well, you should have, if you didn’t. Remember how Hubs and I were going to go eat these awesome gourmet hotdogs to celebrate summer?
Oh, you don’t remember that?
Maybe it’s because you should go back and read this post again. And if you missed the hot dog part, you might have missed our big announcement that you guys have all been waiting for so patiently while I kept hinting and hinting, so you should probably read #4 pretty carefully, okay?
Ok. I’ll give you time to go read and come back.
Remember the hot dogs now?
Good. That’s better.
See how awesome they were?
Anyway, in honor of summer, here’s a list of my favorite (5) things about this glorious season.
1. It’s warm and sunny most of the time. What can I say, I’m a child of the sun, the pool, and sitting on swings. Always have been, always will be.
2. There’s some awesome stuff that happens during the summer. Like my birthday. And our anniversary now. And the 4th of July. Which, by the way, all those things happen in like a 1.5 week span, so that’s one super awesome, celebration-full week! Yippee!
Yup. I just said Yippee. Don’t judge.
3. People don’t think it’s crazy that I’m in the mood for ice cream 24/7. In fact, it’s sort of normal to love ice cream that much during the summer.
4. Summer usually means travel. I like to travel and take roadtrips. Even though we’re not going anywhere far away, we’re still going to have some fun adventures this summer. For sure. You should have some fun adventures, too.
5. People cut grass and mow hay in the summer, and the wildflowers bloom alongside the roads. I know it’s no longer my home, but the country in the summer is the most glorious place in the world to be. I promise.
There ya have it, my favorite 5 things about summer. Actually, it’s just the first and best five that I came up with while writing this silly post, but you get the idea.
Of course, there’s millions more awesome summer things to celebrate, so you should leave a comment and tell me what’s on your summer list! Ready? Go!