Yup, it snowed last night. And neither of us braved the roads to work. Luckily, we both had things we could work on from home.
I watched web training videos for a freelance project, and some other things, and Hubs…well, try as I might, I still don’t totally understand what he does. I know it has something to do with running reports and queries, and all those number things. I mean, I know he’s good at what he does, I just have trouble explaining it to other people using words.
Anyway, it was our first snow day being home together. True, we had work to do, him more than me, but that’s okay. I also did laundry and stuff.
So in honor of that “first,” I’ve made a list of other firsts that happened today.
2. (Yes, the snow day counts as one.) We worked out together for the first time. I’m pretty sure he didn’t have as much fun as I did doing one of my DVD’s with me, but we both got a good sweat going and didn’t have to run outside in the cold anything, so I’d say it was a success. And we managed to get through all the moves without accidentally punching each other or anything.
3. I made stew for the first time. It turned out like this:
Hubs dished it up using our Warbex dipper. For those of you that don’t know what that is, you can google it if you want, but remember we both came from farms, so don’t judge it ’til you’ve tried it. For those that do, it was from my grandma, Hubs LOVES it, and it’s been thoroughly cleaned, so no worries on any contamination.
4. I made these little pinwheel things for the first time:
5. We are officially debt free for the first time as a married couple. Yup. That’s a good feeling to have. Yes, it took a big, big hunk out of the down-payment fund, but I think this will really feel great in the long run when we’re looking at other things financially. Heck, it feels good right now! I’m proud of us.
6. We made our first snowman together!
In case you were wondering, his eyes are made from a reduced-fat white cheddar Cheezit I found in my car while Hubs and I were out scraping snow and letting our cars warm up a bit in hopes they’ll start well tomorrow morning. His mouth is a gum wrapper than hubs found in my car’s little trash can. Oh, and his hair is my favorite part. His arms did turn out well, too, though.
7. We watched the weather for the first time in our apartment. We usually use our phones to see what’s coming our way, or wait until it starts to rain “unexpectantly.” Just kidding. But we knew it was supposed to snow today, so we watched last night. I know, it technically happened yesterday, but I’m still counting it since it was for today.
8. It’s our first married Valentine’s day! (Ok, not until tomorrow, but it’s the idea of it, so I’m counting this one, too.
So, today was a big day for us. We did all sorts of things. Tomorrow, it will be back to reality and driving to work in the cold for both of us, probably…unless it snows again. (Mr. Weatherman, can you help me out here?)
Because tomorrow is Valentine’s day and being snowed in with my sweetie doesn’t sound too bad to me!
What about you? Did you have a snow day? What are your Valentine’s plans?