Today was a big day.
It was my first day at my “new job.” Yes, I have a new job. In case you missed it, that’s job number three.
Yes, I went from no job to three jobs in about four months.
It’s not necessarily the best thing ever, but it’s still a good thing.
I’m not complaining, because I’m certainly thankful for the income, and even more thankful for the opportunities. I’m learning and growing and hopefully going down a path that will lead me to somewhere even better in the future. It’s just an internship, but it’s something.
So even though today was a big day, it was also just a small step.
And instead of trying to tell you everything that happened today, I’ve narrowed it down to the top seven most note-worthy things.
1. I started a new job at a new company. I’m now a staff writer. It sounds so official. It’s pretty exciting to see my email signature with that as my job title. Silly? Sure. But I’m happy to admit it.
2. I met a lot of people today. I don’t remember all their names, even though I tried. I do remember several though, and there’s name plates on the cubicles, so that’s something, right?
3. I “commuted” to work for the first time today. It wasn’t fun, but it was okay. It’d rather not have to do that, but living in the city will probably make that an impossible goal. Thirty-some minutes isn’t that bad.
4. They spelled my name wrong on my email address. They fixed it, but still, it was an ironic start to my day. And a pretty humbling experience in the middle of the “I got a job! I matter! I must be good at this if they hired me, so just keep believing I can learn this stuff!” pep talk I was giving myself all day. I emailed Hubs with my “new” name and he said I looked German.
5. Hubs made dinner, and it was ready when I got home. It was delicious. He also ran the dishwasher, unloaded the dishwasher, cleaned the kitchen, and all that other awesome stuff. He’s the best. Reason #45 that husband roommates are the best.
6. I got a freelance job today. It means I’ll have a busier night tomorrow, since I didn’t really start it, yet, but I know Hubs will step up and help out. He complains sometimes, but the truth is, he’s the best. See number 5 for more on this.
7. Hubs and I looked online for houses tonight. No, we haven’t gone to get pre-approved yet. And no, we aren’t ready to buy. But I’m already even more excited for the future than I was. I love planning my life with him. And dreaming big. No, we don’t need a pool, but if it comes with it, why not? Just kidding, sort of.