Remember when Hubs and I resolved? And we resolved to buy a house this year?
That was fun, right?
Well, I realized that we should probably start thinking about looking for a house sometime soon if we have any intention of buying in the semi-near future. After all, we don’t know anything about house-hunting.
After I realized this, I set out thinking about the best way to move forward. I didn’t come up with any good plans, so I set out to creating a list of things I don’t know but feel like I should.
1. How much can we afford to pay each month on mortgage when we also include taxes and insurance?
2. How do we figure out how much insurance and taxes will be if we don’t know how much we can spend?
3 When is the best time to start looking?
4. Should we use a real estate agent?
5. If yes, how do we pick which one?
6. If no, how do we figure out stuff like reading a contract?
7. Where do we start to look when I don’t know where my job will be?
8. How long should we wait to start looking? …it could be years before I find a job I really want!
Clearly, we have a lot to learn.
P.S. I had an interview today. It went okay, but I don’t know anything yet. Also, I had to drive downtown by myself with very little idea of where or how I was going. But I made it. So, I’ll claim a little victory, at least, right?
To celebrate, I think I’ll make pumpkin smoothies. Especially since we’re also celebrating our anniversary a day late since I got called into work last night.